I now live with three entirely different gentlemen than I ever have in the past. The first, and I'd say most recognizable of the group is an Investment Banking Prodigy, with a prep school past, and a slight predisposition to making offerings to the God of Silver Bullets (dardies). The second is a hopeful journalist, with a focus on the Middle East. Beirut in Beirut, nothing better. The third is the wild card of the group, even though he is the most "middle road," a St. Louis boy, just back from Spain, and prepared for his second semester junior year... And then there is me. I am an enigma. I'll say it again, an E-nigma. PERIOD.
How do you explain me? I'm a senior...I graduate in January '09. I'm an East Asian Studies Major...but neither asian nor particularly interested in the continent (my hero: Churchill) The saying goes "Good from afar, far from good." I've spent the last three years looking for a girlfriend. What do I get from my best sources, "There aren't any worth it... right now."
How do We go through life this way? My classes (08, 08.5, 09) worry about the minor details way too much. We as a class (I hope my fellow '08 and '08.5ers read this) are too great to worry about the little things. Social standing, the "Who's who?" doesn't matter. What matters is that I could find anyone within a group of ten that I care about.
I read a bunch of blogs. Most self-centered but some stray from the personal stories. Some fall into the realm of the political, some are from soldiers in Iraq, I read Ron Liebowitz's, other student's, etc. I don't claim to be omniscient, nor should anyone for that matter. I simply wish people would lose the ego and/or the shell. People are worth the time to know. Reputations precede too many of us. Just go ahead and take the chance of meeting someone "weird."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment